A greener planet for us all to play on.
It’s our fishing sanctuary, our local soccer pitch, our makeshift dirt bike track – but in the end, the Earth needs just as much attention as the things we enjoy in life. ESPN is proud to do its part to promote and resurrect a greener world. From our virtually waste-free, carbon neutral 2009 ESPY ceremony to our eco-friendly corporate offices, we put heart and soul into being environmentally responsible.
Here are just a few of our environmental initiatives:
- Compostable to-go containers, cutlery & napkins in cafeteria
- LEED compliance for all new construction & renovations
- Recycling of light bulbs, batteries, construction debris, and used cooking oil
- Donation or recycling of old office furniture
- Reduced environmental impact & energy conservation at events
- Virtually waste-free 2008 ESPY Awards ceremony
- Virtually waste-free & carbon-neutral 2009 ESPY Awards ceremony
- Disney (parent company of ABC/ESPN) ranks #34 in Newsweek's Green Rankings of the S&P 500
Learn more about the Walt Disney Company’s corporate responsibility.